Through its Solar Homes Program, the Victorian Government has solar rebates available for solar panels, solar batteries and solar hot water systems, as well as a solar rebate for renters.
Solar panel rebate Victoria
- Rebates of up to $1888 are available for solar panel systems.
- Householders can also apply for an interest-free loan for an amount equivalent to their rebate amount (to be repaid over four years).
- There are a number of eligibility criteria including being the owner-occupier of the property and having a combined household taxable income of less than $180,000 per year. View the full list of eligibility criteria here.
Solar battery rebate Victoria
- In 2019-20, there are 1000 rebates of up to $4838 available for a solar battery system.
- Interest-free loans are not available.
- The eligibility criteria are quite strict and include that you live in an eligible postcode. View the full list of eligibility criteria here.
Solar hot water rebate Victoria
- Up to 6000 rebates of up to $1000 are available for solar hot water systems.
- The eligibility criteria include that the system being replaced is older than three years and that the property is not a new build. View the full list of eligibility criteria here.
Solar for renters Victoria
- Rebates of up to $1888 are available for solar panel systems for rental properties in two streams:
- Stream A is now open and offers a rebate for rental properties subject to a Solar Homes Landlord-Tenant Agreement being signed. The landlord would pay the remaining cost of the solar system.
- Stream B will offer both a rebate and an interest-free loan to landlords, with the tenant(s) to contribute to the cost of the system. According to Solar Victoria, stream B should open in the first half of 2020.
- Eligibility criteria include that the tenants have a combined household taxable income of less than $180,000 per year and that the property is valued at under $3 million. View the full eligibility criteria here.
As at 19/06/20