|Low income household rebate||Concession cardholder|
|Family energy rebate||Receipt of the Family Tax Benefit|
|Medical energy rebate||1. Concession cardholder
2. Verified qualifying medical condition
|Life support energy rebate||Requirement for life support equipment at the supply address|
|Energy accounts payment assistance scheme||See below|
|Appliance replacement||1. Concession cardholder
2. Appropriate appliances
To be eligible for rebates in New South Wales you must be a DC Power Co account holder and:
- have a principal place of residence in New South Wales (you may only claim a concession for your principal place of residence, which is deemed to be the address on your concession card); and
- not be seeking the concession in respect of a commercial property (ie the energy account must be for residential use only).
Some New South Wales concession rebates also require the applicant to hold one of the following valid concession cards:
- Pensioner Concession Card (PCC) issued by Centrelink or Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA);
- Commonwealth Health Care Card issued by Centrelink; or
- DVA Gold Card (GCH).
The following cards are not eligible for energy concessions:
- Commonwealth Seniors Card
- Victorian Seniors Card
- Careers Allowance (CA) Health Care Card
- Foster Care (FC) Health Care Card
- Veterans Affairs White Card for Specific Conditions
- Veterans Affairs Gold Card Dependant
Any additional eligibility requirements associated with a particular rebate are detailed below.To register your concession card, please fill out your concession details here.
Please note, the information provided on this page is current as at 16 August 2019. We take reasonable steps to keep this information up to date, however you can always confirm the information applicable to your circumstances through the relevant government website.
Low Income Household Rebate
Family Energy Rebate
Medical Energy Rebate
Life Support Rebate
- electric mobility devices for quadriplegics this does not include mobility scooters)
- oxygen concentrators
- positive airways pressure (PAP) devices
- enteral feeding pump
- external heart pump
- home dialysis
- phototherapy equipment
- total parenteral nutrition (TPN) pumps
- ventilators (this does not include nebulizers, humidifiers or vaporizers)
The life support rebate will be calculated daily and credited to your account. The amount credited will depend on the type(s) of life support equipment required at the property.
To apply for the life support energy rebate, please download the application form and return the completed form to us by email, fax or post (see our contact details page). You must re-apply for this rebate once every two years.
Please note, irrespective of your eligibility for the life support energy rebate, you still need to register your property as requiring the use of life support equipment to ensure the ongoing supply of electricity and your safety. Please refer to our life support equipment page for more information.
Energy accounts payment assistance scheme
The energy accounts payment assistance scheme is available to financially disadvantaged customers who are experiencing difficulty paying for their electricity bills.
The scheme operates through a voucher system, with each voucher worth $50.To receive a voucher, customers must contact a scheme provider and arrange an appointment to discuss their individual situation.
Vouchers are issued based on customers’ individual circumstances. Once a voucher is issued, the provider will provide relevant information to the New South Wales Government who will in turn provide this information to us and we will deduct the value of the voucher from your account (however, we will not be able to apply a voucher to your account if doing so would place your account in credit).
For a list of participating scheme providers, please download the contact list.
Please note, the scheme vouchers you receive may not cover all of the outstanding balance of your DC Power Co account, in which case you will need to contact us to discuss payment of the remaining balance.
For further information on the energy accounts payment assistance scheme, please visit the Service NSW website.