Like anything you use regularly, it’s important to take care of your gas appliances.
Here are some tips to maintain your gas appliances:
- Gas hot water cylinders should be replaced every seven to ten years.
- If you use ducted heating, your ducts should be cleaned annually and electric heaters should be serviced at least every two years.
- Look after gas cooktops and ovens – keep them clean.
- Check your hot water system for water leaks. A large amount of escaping water can be a sign you need to have your system repaired or replaced.
- Consider turning off your hot water when you’re about to go on holidays. This will help you save energy and ensure it doesn’t malfunction while you’re away.
- Before winter rolls around, make sure to give your gas heater a nice clean. Remove dust but we suggest leaving cleaning filters and fans to qualified technicians.