Energy concessions, rebates and grants

Posted in Concessions

If you’re looking for more info on whether you can get a concession, rebate or grant towards your energy bill, you’ve come to the right place. On this page you’ll find details on all the available concessions that can be applied to your DC Power Co bill.

What are energy concessions, rebates and grants?
Energy concessions, rebates and grants are provided by state governments to assist people with their energy bills. If you satisfy the required criteria, we’ll apply the concession, rebate and/or grant to your account on behalf of the relevant state government.

How do I know if I can receive a concession, rebate or grant?
There are specific criteria set by the relevant state government that you must satisfy in order to receive a concession, rebate or grant. In most cases, it is a requirement that you hold a valid concession card. In some instances a state government issued seniors card can also qualify for assistance.

What are concession cards?
Concession cards are issued by the government to Australian residents whose circumstances meet specific criteria. There are different types of concession cards available for different personal circumstances such as:

  • Pensioner Concession Card
  • Commonwealth Health Care Card
  • Department of Veteran Affairs Concession Card
  • Foster Child Health Care Card
  • Low Income Health Care Card

Not all concession cards provide an entitlement to an energy concession, rebate and/or grant. Further information on eligibility requirements is detailed below.

How do I apply a concession to my DC Power Co account?
If you are a customer and wish to add concession details to your account or update your existing concession details, please send us an email or give us a call.

Email: [email protected]

Phone: 1800 686 686

We’re available Monday to Friday 8am – 7pm.

Before contacting us please ensure that you have your concession card details ready.

As part of registering your concession card details with DC Power Co, you will need to confirm that your concession card details are accurate. We will also require your consent to validate the information that you have provided with the issuer of your concession card.

All concessions, rebates and grants will only apply to your primary place of residence. If you have multiple properties you will need to confirm your primary place of residence with us.

Concessions information by state
Find out more information about concessions in VIC, NSW or QLD.

Back to Help