Looking to purchase a battery, or install solar and a battery, but don’t have enough cash available? We’ve scanned the market for financing options and are pleased to have found a community-based organisation, Community First Credit Union, who are able to offer green loans for solar and battery installations.
A Green Loan from Community First Credit Union is a low rate unsecured personal loan that can be used to finance the purchase of approved environmentally friendly products such as solar panels and energy storage such as a battery system.
Find out more about Community First’s Green Loan and how to apply below.
Why choose Community First’s Green Loan?
- Attractive Green Loan interest rates – for example, 5.99%* p.a. (Comparison Rate – 6.26%**) for five years or 7.99% 6-10 years. And when you take into account the energy savings your solar and/or battery system will deliver, the out of pocket cost is even less! Check out these examples for our solar and battery package.
- Flexible application process (online or over the phone)
- Instant Application Decision – on submission you will be given an instant indicative application outcome
- No monthly account keeping fees
- Make extra repayments without penalty and redraw advance payments when you need it
- Pay your loan out early without penalty
- Borrow from $1000 to $35,000 with loan terms from 1 to 10 years
- Unsecured variable rate loan – no need to use your house as security
How to apply for financing
Solar & Redback Battery Package
- Once you’ve got your solar and battery system estimate, book your home assessment for $250 (this is fully refundable should you decide not to go ahead).
- On the back of your home assessment, we’ll develop a final quote tailored to your home’s specific needs.
- Apply for financing with Community First Credit Union by clicking here or calling 1300 13 22 77. Have your final quote, a recent energy bill and proof of income ready when you apply.
- If your financing is not approved or you decide not to go ahead with the system, your $250 will be refunded to you in full.
It’s important that you get your final quote before applying for finance so you know you’re getting a loan for the right amount. We don’t want you stuck with a loan that’s too much or too little. While your system estimate is pretty reliable, all homes are different and the home assessment will ensure there are no hidden costs lurking around the corner.
Don’t worry, if you choose not to go ahead with the installation or your financing doesn’t come through, this $250 is refundable. View Terms of Sale
Sungrow Battery Package
(This package is designed for homes that already have solar panels installed.)
- Whether you’ve placed a deposit or not, you can go ahead and apply now and get a response within 30 minutes. Simply click here to apply for a loan or call 1300 13 22 77.
- Here are a few things to have ready before you apply:
- A recent energy bill
- Proof of income
- A quote from DC Power Co. Request a quote here and we’ll get back to you within 2 business days.
- Once you apply, one of Community First’s Sales Consultants will contact you to discuss your application and request any other supporting documents we may require.