Press Release: 22 October 2020
Local business leader, Alicia Linley, is encouraging Ballarat households to get solar and a battery for Christmas to start savings on their bills, do their bit for the environment and support a local charity.
The Director of Mitchell Harris Wines hasn’t looked back since she got her Solar and Redback Battery Package in October from Melbourne-based small business, DC Power Co.
“We are super excited as a family to be living off green energy. It’s a commitment we need to make to our future generations,” Alicia says, “To say that I’m a happy customer is an understatement.”
DC Power Co General Manager, Liz Greenbank, says their business aims to make solar and battery storage affordable, accessible and simple.
“We choose the best products with an affordable price tag so more homes can take advantage of the benefits of solar and storage, and be confident the system they choose will go the distance,” Liz says.
DC Power Co has teamed up with local installation business, Effective Electrical, to launch an innovative, community-focused bulk buy program. It will give Ballarat residents $500-$800 off their solar and battery system and $150 per sale to the Ballarat Foundation to support programs for those in need.
“Being a local girl myself, I know Ballarat has long been a leader in solar power. My parents made the leap 10 years ago after talking with friends who’d done the same, ” Liz says, “Most people want the reassurance that others are doing it too, which is why we’ve designed this as a bulk buy program.”
“We’re incredibly excited to support the Ballarat community through the Ballarat Foundation as well.”
“It’s great to see companies like DC Power Co work with regional non-profits like us to support local programs that are helping people doing it tough,“ Ballarat Foundation CEO, Andrew Eales says.
More and more people are considering solar battery storage, because with just solar panels they’re likely to sell around 75% of their solar power for as little as a third of the price they pay for electricity.
“We got the battery with the solar panels because we use a lot of power at night, so we thought it makes a far more sense to store our solar power and use it at night,” Alicia says.
“I’m really wondering why I didn’t do it sooner. It was super easy and the price was really reasonable.”
DC Power Co’s Ballarat solar and battery bulk buy runs until 16 December 2020. Available to Ballarat and surrounds.
0410 487 229
- 15% of Ballarat homes have solar panels, that’s over 7,500 homes (Australian PV Institute, 2020)
- Ballarat has the highest potential for rooftop solar installs in regional Victoria (Clean Energy Finance Corporation, 2019)
- Australia has over 2.5 million homes with solar on their roof, with a combined capacity of the equivalent of around six Liddell power stations (11,837 megawatts) (Renew Economy, 2020)
- 1 in 4 Australian households sell power to the grid, when they could be using more of that power at home with a solar battery (Renew Economy, 2020)
- Australia receives roughly 10,000 times more energy from the sun than we use each year
- Enough sunlight hit the Earth every hour to power the world for a year
About DC Power Co
DC Power Co is made for solar households. We help people move to renewables in their home and make the most out of their solar and battery storage when they do. A Melbourne-based solar power business with over 12,500 investors, we launched in 2018 through the world’s largest crowdfunding equity raise for a business. Find out more about DC Power Co